Monday, July 25, 2011

Week 1 finished....

So I've been putting off writing a new blog until the next time I got weighed in at Weight Watchers.  Sadly - this will be a short post, because I am VERY upset tonight and VERY discouraged.

I am allowed to eat 36 points of food a day based on my weight, age and other crap.  Since Tuesday of last week I stayed with my points (which meant basically cutting my calories down) with the exception of dipping into my flex points (which they encourage you to do).  I like to save my flex points for the weekends in case I want some alcohol or I dine out.

This past weekend I went to my brother's house like I usually do.  It was going to be a big test because his wife Kelly and I love to pig out together.  Only difference is she is a skinny tan blonde and I am a fat pale blonde.  :)

On the drive down Friday night I was STARVING since I left straight from work.  I knew they had already gone out for dinner so they're wouldn't be anything to eat when I got there. I stopped at Mamma Mia in EHT for a house salad with oil and balsamic vinegar (my go to food lately).  It was extra yummy because they're were roasted red peppers in it, and other yummy stuff that's not usually in my house salads lately. 
OH, and OF COURSE it came with a yummy long italian bread loaf.  I ate my salad when I got to my brother's house and the bread and I had a stare down.  I thought maybe just oneeee piece, but then I would want butter with it and that's a whole other fiasco.  I didn't want to waste food, but I had no choice.  I gave a piece to both my nieces and threw out the rest.  Sigh.....poor bread.

I was raised being told to clean my plate, eat everything on it.  My Dad enforced that rule every night at dinner.  My mom wastes NOTHING.  If there is leftover food, she'll throw it all together into some yummy  soup or casserole.  If the food is stale, she'll feed it to the birds and squirrels outside...really.  So that is why throwing out good food feels so weird for me, but if I don't do it, I WILL eat it.

Saturday my family and I went to AC to go on the beach.  CRAZY hot day.  I don't go in  the water either so I was super duper hot.  I packed seltzer water and that was all I could do to cool down, I was determined to get some color.  I lathered Jwoww bronzer on my legs and sweated it out.
Afterwards we went to Tony's Baltimore Grill in AC (looks crappy, but it's AWESOME).  I ordered a salad to fill up on first.  Of course bread was brought and placed right in front of me at the table, which was also in the middle for everyone's reach so I didn't move it.  Also - Kelly ordered fries for my nieces and for everyone to pick on.   BREAD AND FRIES  = my broken carb heart :(
I didn't eat either, was SO proud.

Without going into too many details the rest of the weekend went like that.  Sunday I let myself have a kiddy cup size of Kohr Brother's vanilla soft serve on the OC Boardwalk, and a handful of Johnson's popcorn.  I refuse to deny myself of those famous boardwalk treats.  They are MUCH smaller portions than what I would usually enjoy.

Fast forward to today, weigh in day. Ok so Tuesday's at 7p are actually my weigh in day, but tomorrow I will be at the 311 concert so I popped in Weight Watchers tonight to be weighed a day early.

Facing the WW scale for the first time is like going on a first date.  You are nervous and have butterflies on the ride over, hoping that your date (the scale) doesn't judge you too much and likes you after all despite what you REALLY look like. =]

When I walked in, the lady I like wasn't working, it was some bitchy WW class leader.  I stepped up to the scale and she asked me if I wanted to take my sweater off.  UM it was a thin cardigan.....wasn't going to make me weigh less, what was she trying to imply?
As soon as I stepped on, she recorded my weight, not saying a word......

In the past on Weight Watchers, I've lost 3-7 lbs. the first week.  A lot of water weight and also the drastic change in diet.  I always got a "way to go!" or some other encouraging advice from the leader.  This bitch said nothing, and just said "thank you" after I paid my 14 dollar weekly fee.

I left - didn't want to stay for a meeting.  I didn't like her, I like my leader Mary Lou on Tuesdays.  I waited til I was outside to look at what my pamphlet said. 

I LOST .4 lbs    ------   ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Not four pounds.....POINT four pounds.   I probably gained that .4 back from eating dinner when I got home.

You can all imagine how discouraged I feel right now. I cried a lot tonight.  Hard work of cutting calories and exercising (unfortunately only 2 days) last week and I've got nothing to show for it. 

Sorry for no funny comments or pictures tonight people - it was hard enough to type this, but I gotta stay on this blog just like I gotta stay on Weight Watchers.

Feeling verryyyy "LOSER Lesley" like tonight

4 comments:

Alli said...

Do NOT feel discouraged! I've been running for how many weeks now, which is a LOT more than I have done in quite a few years excercise wise... and I have lost NOTHING. Not a pound!
Be proud that you resisted the temptations of fries and white bread and have been eating healthier salads :) Eventually you'll start seeing the results!

Kate said...

I second what oodles said. You may have seen my recent post about how I haven't lost weight either. It sounds like we're all having our own struggles on our road to wellness.

Borrowing some words from Mark Sisson... don’t let lack of weight loss deter you from your ultimate goals: good health, a strong body, and an enjoyable life. Keep your eye on the prize, accept that health and fitness is a constant journey (with all the twists, turns, highs, and lows that come with any journey), and you’ll be okay.

You're doing a great job making healthy choices! I found a good article just in case you're feeling any temptations sneaking up on you:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/reduce-junk-food-cravings/

Keep your chin up (my favorite saying when writing to pledges haha) and you'll be kicking ass at the weigh ins in no time<3

Shelly said...

Yes you may have lost 3-7 lbs on old weight watchers but the program itself has been adjusted. Losing weight is not something that has an exact science... Be proud of desiring temptations, know that you lost/maintained and didn't gain and that tomorrow and everyday is a new day. Things will be different every week. Expect that. Stay with it lovey. You'll get there :)

Shelly said...

Resisting temptations*